Our beginner orchestra did a fantastic job tonight demonstrating what they have learned so far this year! They also got to show their parents how to play their instruments. So much fun!
Students and family members that are new to Killian Orchestra this year were invited to a meet and greet session with breakfast in the orchestra room. We had a great turn out and enjoyed getting to know one another!
May 17, 2022
Heartiest congratulations to our Symphonic and Chamber orchestras for a maximally successful romp through UIL concert and sightreading competitions. Both groups garnered the highest-possible ratings from all six judges. These top marks represent incredible work and focus required by all of our orchestra students. This wouldn’t be possible without the outstanding support from our orchestra families, Killian community, and Lewisville ISD. Congratulations and thank you!
Judges’ Comments included:
- “I am very impressed with your attention to detail and ensemble skills. I can tell you have been taught to listen to each other.”
- “This [non-varsity concert] is an excellent performance by a talented group of musicians! You do not sound like a non-varsity group!”
- “Your sound rings and fills the room… I can tell that you work on every rise and fall… You worked hard to have a polished performance, and it showed in your phrasing, tuning, attention to style- everything.”
- “You have terrific fundamentals of musicianship and put them to good use.”
- “Your tone sounds like that of an older orchestra.”
- “You know how to build a phrase and make a musical line lead to somewhere. Polished performance, I enjoyed it!”
- “Beautiful ending to the Loch Lomond. So musical.”
- “A well-rehearsed orchestra.”